AC MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
Get the oil changed regularly, visit your doctor for your annual checkup, get those teeth cleaned every six months…but what about your AC system? Statistics prove that keeping your AC system as healthy as possible by having a Preventative Maintenance Program (PMP) saves money over the long term and helps avoid uncomfortable AC system down time.
How does our Preventative Maintenance Program help you save money?
Our PMP can keep your AC system running at peak efficiency and can also determine if a component is failing or may have the potential to malfunction. Our regularly scheduled visits have a proven record of reducing expensive repairs and ensuring AC systems are optimizing their consumption of electricity. Also, continued maintenance checkups over many years have proven to extend the operational life of AC systems. You may get as much as 3-5 years more of a cooling life from your AC systems that are cared for over the years with a PMP.
Extended warranties from AC manufacturers require that AC systems are properly maintained with a PMP or some type of recurring maintenance plan.
If you choose to buy an extended warranty provided by the AC manufacturer of the systems in your home, they require proof of proactive maintenance services when you need to file a claim. Don’t let your smart investment in an extended warranty become worthless!
Bottom Line – What Does our Preventative Maintenance Program do for You?
Keeping your AC system in good working condition be getting regular preventative maintenance checkups off several key advantages
- Prolong the life of your AC system
- Increase the operational efficiency of your AC system
- Optimize the indoor air quality (IAQ) provided by your AC system
- Stay protected under your extended warranty
- Reduce future AC system breakdowns and uncomfortable down time
Every Preventative Maintenance Program visit provides:
- Flush drain lines
- Vacuum drain pans
- Treat drains with algae tablets
- Check evaporator/air handler/indoor coil for mold
- Rinse condenser coils
- Check refrigerant level
- Check compressor monitor, measure amperage, volt draw and fan current
- Inspect fan blades
- Test and inspect contactor points for wear, pitted contacts and high resistance
- Check capacitor to hold a charge
- Check seals of caps and valves
- Check thermostat operation
- Check blower – measure amperage and voltage for proper operation
- Check all safety devices
- Check blower wheel
- Check for corrosive and rusty parts
- Listen for abnormal noises
- Check electrical connections and wires for exposed wiring
- Check temperature at vents – measure supply/return temperature differential
- Check float switch operation
- Brush out electrical cabinet
- Lubricate moving parts
- ***Check filters, change if requested and when provided
- Provide an overall AC system performance analysis
- Provide detailed written estimate for any recommended repairs
Please make sure to check out the high-quality custom filters that QFAC provides that are delivered right to your doorstep!